Omit PDF-Properties - Creator and Producer

Hello Combit-Team,

is there a way to omit or suppress the given values for Creator and Producer within PDF-Properties? If i export a PDF i receive the following values:

Creator: combit® List & Label® Report Generator
Producer: wPDF4 x64 by WPCubed GmbH

We want to clear this fields or fill them with the name of our application. I inspected LlExportOption-Enum but found no values for doing so. The other fields like PdfTitle are working like a charm :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely
Matthias Büge

Dear Matthias,
thank you for your note.

No, that is not possible, the entries may not be removed for legal reasons, thank you for understanding.

Kind regards

Erdal Alacali
Technical support
combit gmbH

Dear Erdal,

thank you for your quick response. Could you specifiy the “legal reasons”? Is it because of “wPDF4 x64 by WPCubed GmbH” you use to generate PDFs?

As an end customer of List&Label i could modify the PDF-Property afterwards, couldn’t i? I guess for me, there is no limitation (correct me please if i’m wrong). I can understand if your contract with that company prevents you from offering all existing PDF-Properties.

Best regards
Matthias Büge

Hi Matthias,

We’ve licensed wPDF4 for all our customers and the license agreement requires the PDFs produced by List & Label to contain the information as it currently is.

If you find means to modify the property afterwards that’s fine - once the PDF has been created by LL, you’re free to do with it whatever you choose although credit should be where it’s due ;).

Jochen

Hello Jochen,

thank you very much for this quick response and clarification. I understand you need to set these properties because of your license agreement. It makes me happy to hear we can change them afterwards as we like to.

I wasn’t 100% sure about the licensee agreement given by LL to us, so i wanted to ask if a change (e.g. by script after creation) is allowed. So we may find a way to change these properties after creation of this PDF.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Best regards
Matthias Büge